Friday, June 11, 2010

An Off Year by Claire Zulkey

Written by Ari at 10:07 PM
An Off Year by Claire Zulkey
Pages: 304
Pub Date: September 3, 2009
Author Website/Blog: www.zulkey.com
Synopsis:Cecily has always done everything as she was supposed to: taken the right classes, gotten the right grades, applied to the right colleges. But after a lifetime of following the rules, she surprises everyone by arriving for her freshman year of college . . . and turning around. There are infinite possibilities for Cecilys unexpected gap year. She could volunteer, or travel around the worldbut, for now, Cecily is content to do absolutely nothing. What follows is a year of snarkily observed self-doubt and selfdiscovery during which Cecily must ask herself, for the first time, what does she really want to do with her life?

I can honestly say this book has taken any thoughts of skipping a year out of my mind. Its like... I dont want to spend my year off in a therapist office and watching as my friends move on with their lives, but I stay stuck where I am. Im sorry but that would just make me feel pathetic. Everyone else is rediscovering themselves and I would be stuck in the dust wondering what they were doing. Not to mention they would all basically desert me. Basically it would just plain right suck. I cant see why anyone would want to just sit at home for a whole year. And watch life pass you by. Heck in the book she even went without a haircut since she was supposed to leave for school! That has to tell you something. This book was good, funny, but god its made me realize, "NO OFF YEAR"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting