Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Does My Head Look Big In This by Randa Abdel-Fattah

Written by Ari at 4:21 PM
Does My Head Look Big In This by Randa Abdel-Fattah
Pages: 368
Pub Date: August 1, 2008
Author Website/Blog: http://www.randaabdelfattah.com/
Synopsis: As soon as sixteen-year-old Amal makes the decision to start wearing the hijab full-time, everyone has a reaction. Her parents, her teachers, her friends, people on the street. But she stands by her decision to embrace her faith and all that it is, even if it does make her a little different from everyone else. Can she handle the taunts of "towel head" and the prejudice of her classmates, and manage her growing friendship with the cutest boy in school?


This book was a great look into a whole other culture that most of us prejudge. It shows us how they feel and how they react to how we treat them. It also shows their opinions on things like 9/11. It was a great book. I was raised in a house hold that taught me that anyone from an arabic country is evil, but thats in part that my dad was in the isreali military. However this book gave me a whole new perspective. It showed my that my dad wasnt completely right. Some of them are normal people. They dont deserve any of the treatment we have been giving them. This gave me a whole new look at the problems they face just because of their beliefs. It was a great book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting