Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Looking For Alaska by John Green

Written by Ari at 10:00 AM
Looking For Alaska by John Green
Pages: 221
Pub Date: December 28, 2006
Author Website/Blog: http://johngreenbooks.com/
Synopsis: Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter is done with his safe life at home. His whole life has been one big non-event, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave "the Great Perhaps" even more (Francois Rabelais, poet). He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young. She is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. Then . . . After. Nothing is ever the same.


So blech, to the before chunk. I had no idea what was going on. It was just plain confusing, and to be honest, dull. I mean, the book itself was amazing. But for some reason  with books the beginning always bores me. And takes me a few days to get into. I mean, I heard amazing things about this book, and I absolutely adored Paper Towns, but blech. I probably should cut him some slack, it was his first novel. But blaah its hurting me just to write this review. Yes the first chunk of this book was that painful. I think I should just end my pain here with these words. Stick with comedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting