Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Donut Days by Lara Zielen

Written by Ari at 6:25 AM
Donut Days by Lara Zielen
Pages: 256
Pub Date: August 6, 2009
Author Blog/Web: http://www.larawrites.com/
Synopsis: Emma has a lot going on. Her best friendas not speaking to her, a boy sheas known all her life is suddenly smokina hot and in love with her, and oh yes, her evangelical minister parents may lose their church, especially if her mother keeps giving sermons saying Adam was a hermaphrodite.

But this weekend Emmas only focused on Crispy Dream, a hot new donut franchise opening in town, where Harley bikers and Frodo wannabes camp out waiting to be the first ones served. Writing the best feature story on the camp for the local paper might just win Emma a scholarship to attend a non- Christian college. But soon enough Emma finds the donut camp isnat quite the perfect escape from all her troubles at Living Word Redeemer.

Ordering this book I had no idea that it brought religion into the story line. To my relief it fit my standards perfectly. It didnt preach to me practically screaming, "CONVERT CONVERT CONVERT!" It stayed in neutral focusing on the world of donuts. (Which everyone loves) It talked about a lot of things. (I dont want to spoil it so I wont say anything) Anyway. Loved it! I loved the stories that were dug up and meant to be inspirational. I mean who doesnt like stuff like that. I loved teh ending. I loved how she finally got the guy! Granted I didnt like her mom so much until the end where we were fed a bit more info on why and what. I actually kind of wish the ending hadnt been so final, like I was wishing there would be a sequel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting