Thursday, January 28, 2010

1/2 Day For Us Equals Double The Books For You (Paper Towns By John Green + Prophecy of The Sisters by Michelle Zink)

Written by Ari at 9:52 PM
 1/2 Day For Us Equals Double The Books For You (Paper Towns by John Green+ Prophecy  of The Sisters by Michelle Zink)

Paper Towns by John Green
Pages: 352
Pub Date: October 16, 2008
Author Website/Blog: http://www.sparksflyup.com/index.php
Synopsis: Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life--dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge--he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues--and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.


Fabulously funny. I loved it. I only wanted to read this book because I had people hounding me saying I had to read it. Im glad they did. Granted there were a few parts that have scarred me for life, (aka the sexual humor) but I still couldnt help but laugh. The beginning of the story is purely brilliant as it does a character research on Margo. We find out a little bit about her and how shes not really as perfect as we think she is. Although we dont get all the way to the true Margo we do discover a good amount of information. I loved this book, it really showed that although you feel strongly for someone feelings may not ever be enough. I plan on reading more by John Green because frankly hes just hilarious.

Prophecy Of The Sisters By Michelle Zink
Pages: 352
Pub Date: August 1, 2009
Author Website/Blog: http://michellezinkbooks.wordpress.com/
Synopsis: Recently orphaned, 16-year-old Lia Milthorpe discovers she and her twin sister Alice are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does.


I seriously loved this book. Michelle Zink is now my hero (okay along with like five bajillion other people) It was a lot better than people made it out to be. I would sit down to read it and my friends would be like, "I cant believe your filling your head with that garbage!" Well let me tell you right now. Its NOT garbage. This is a original creative storyline that will keep you turning pages every minute of every hour. Although its a shocking horror story you cant help but love it. Granted a few pages make you want to stop reading BUT YOU CANT STOP! Read it people READ IT!

1 Comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

THanks for the reviews! Paper Towns sounds touching, and The Prophecy of the Sisters sounds absolutely riveting. I was having a little internal debate on how the plot would turn out, but I guess I really have to go out and get is some time. Nice, short reviews! :)

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting