Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perchance To Dream by Lisa Mantchev

Written by Ari at 10:31 PM
Perchance To Dream by Lisa Mantchev
Pages: 352
Pub Date: June 2010
Author Website/Blog: http://lisamantchev.livejournal.com/
Synopsis: Growing up in the enchanted Theatre Illuminata, Beatrice Shakespeare Smith learned all about every play ever written, but she didnt know that she, too, had magic. Now, she is the Mistress of Revels, the Teller of Tales, and is determined to follow her stars. Bertie can make things happen by writing them, but outside the walls of the Theatre, they dont go as planned. And her magic cannot help her make a decision between Nate, her suave pirate, and Ariel, a seductive air spirit.
When Nate is taken prisoner be the Sea Goddess, only Bertie can free him, and she and her fairy sidekicks embark on a journey, using Bertie's word magic to guide them. Bertie's dreams are haunted by Nate, whose love for Bertie is keeping him alive, but in the daytime, its Ariel who is tantalizingly close, and the one she is falling for. Who does Bertie love the most? And will her magic be powerful enough to save her once she enters the Sea Goddess's lair?

Only Lisa Mantchev can draw me into a book like this. Honest, I screamed when I found out she was letting bloggers begin to review ARCs of Perchance To Dream. And then I jumped at the chance! I mean, its PERCHANCE TO DREAM! I even stated in my Eyes Like Stars review that I was DYING to read the next book. And here it is in my hot little hands to review :). Anyway. LOVED IT! And this is my sad attempt at trying to keep spoilers out of the review. Ill give away a bit, though. I loved it how right away a dozen questions from the last book were answered and then our eyes were set upon a new goal. A lovely goal, of which we dream of. Rescue Nate! Granted he tells her not to doesnt stop Bertie! This book was hilarious, (but what is new with the fairies) and it had a ton of new characters that I fell in love with (and I really hope they will be in the next book or else me and Lisa Mantchev will have a problem) Granted there is that scene that is teh climax that ALWAYS confuses me, but then again I always end up having to stop as it begins, causing me to miss important information. So anyway, when this book comes out in June go buy it! Trust me. Youll die laughing with all the pie, and of course a wonderful new addition, Peaseblossoms boyfriend, Henry, the almond paste man! Youll cry with the decisions that must be made, the ever torturous question, "Ariel, or Nate." (I think it should be Nate, but hey im just a reviewer.....) So anyway, I promise youll love this book. Any fan of Eyes Like Stars or parodys of plays should read it. It wont dissapoint. (Pssst if you cant wait till June Lisa is holding constant contests for shiny new ARCs.... You know you want one :D)

Read Our Review Of Eyes Like Stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting