Sunday, February 14, 2010

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! YOU KNOW WE LOVE YA! (heres proof :D) (THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED)

Written by Ari at 12:21 PM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Proof we love ya! Were posting 3 reviews of books all about LOVE!  And were holding a contest!

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
Pages: 432
Pub Date: May 14, 2009
Author Website/Blog: http://writergrl.livejournal.com/
Synopsis: "Ruby, where is your mother?" Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return.That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future—it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give

It was so adorable, and sweet. It was one of those stories you couldnt help but fall in love with. I really loved how Ruby was so independent, yet when she tried to help someone she had to realize she had to give some to get some. I loved that! And also how angry everyone would get when she screwed up MAJORLY! Granted I understand how Ruby feels about everything, but I also love it how after she has some realizations about just everything she changes for the better. GOTTA LOVE THAT STUFF! Anyway, I loved how sad it was with what happened between her and her sister, yet I found Nate an adorable sweet heart! No wonder she continued to try and help him! Another great book by Sarah Dessen.

Someone Like You By Sarah Dessen
Pages: 288
Pub Date: May 1, 2004
Synopsis: Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Though their friendship may be tested by the strain, like a true friendship, it will endure.


This book was sad. As in to sad. I sorta wish I hadnt read it. It was one of those books were you love it but you regret ever opening it. Yes, it also made me angry. But that was Macom's fault. It was sad because of everything Scarlett went through. Im sorry but that was just devestating. It broke my heart. I could only think of girls out there who actually have to go through that. This book was amazing thought. Yes, there were dozens of people I was dying to punch. Sadly that couldnt happen. Oh well. I still loved it.
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 400
Pub date: October 13, 2009
Author Website/Blog: http://bec-fitzpatrick.livejournal.com/
Synopsis: Partnered in biology with new student Patch, 16-year-old Nora Gray starts seeing things she cannot explain. At first she's both drawn and repelled by her lab partner, but when she sees V-shaped scars on his back, Nora learns Patch is fighting an ancient battle between the fallen and the immortal.


Oo I loved it! It totally fed my hunger for fallen angels! They totally seem to be the new obsession! *boots vampires out the window* Patch! Loved him! I loved how..... well I cant really say that. Now can I? Anyway, this book was great. I fell in love with Nora and Patches story. However I was DYING to punch Vee in the face most of the story. Vee really annoyed me. She was really selfish. Anyway, I even wrote an essay on this book . Thats how much I loved it. Twilight lovers, go read it. The plot line is familiar.
 
CONTEST!!
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!
 
We are giving away two bookmarks (princess  for hire and a signed The Espressologist book mark)
And maybe some jewlery. Well see :)
Enter HERE The contest ends on February 28 and sorry we forgot to add we will only send to AMERICAN ADRESSES!
We are sorry for not inputing that also :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting