Thursday, February 11, 2010

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Written by Ari at 10:44 PM
Liar by Justine Larbalestier
Pages: 384
Pub Date: September 29, 2009
Author Website/Blog: http://justinelarbalestier.com/blog/
Synopsis: Micah will freely admit she's a compulsive liar, but that may be the one honest thing she'll ever tell you. Over the years she's fooled everone; her classmates, her teachers, even her parents. And she's always managed to stay one step ahead of her lies. That is, until her boyfriend dies under brutal circumstances and her dishonesty begins to catch up with her. But is it possible to tell the truth when lying comes as easily as breathing?


This book was over complex in my opinion. I got so confused with all of the twists in the tale. The murder became much more confusing, Micah became much more confusing, her family became much more confusing. In fact the only thing I could understand as truth the whole book was the part about her being in a relationship with Zach. But honestly, I think thats the only non-complicated part of the story. I loved the book, dont get me wrong. I just wish it hadnt been so confusing. I know I should have expected it based upon the title and the synopsis but still. I guess Im just naive. Anyway I only learned about this book through the big whitewashing cover incident. (Take note that I made sure that I posted the *correct* cover.) However, when the whole book starts with a lie, and no simple lie at that, that should be the warning, that things will become far more complicated from there. But if you ignore the complexity of the story then dive in for a wild adventure that will leave you wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting