Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Thank You To Sarah Dessen.

Written by Ari at 8:46 AM
Most people call Sarah Dessen the queen of chick lit. I really feel like she is a good detox from all the supernatural/fantasy out there right now. Its refreshing. I feel like I go to my library and I see black covers with dark colors. Its all just...dark. But then I go to the bookstore and buy a Sarah Dessen and... I just... the bright covers and the uplifting story just brightens my world. Theres no angels falling from heaven, there are no 100 year old vampires falling in love with a 16 year old girl, there are no kids who discover tehy have abnormal powers, there are no werewolves. I mean granted I fell  in love with those things but after a while they become old. Its almost as if those things become stale. And then I spend a day or two in the REAL world of a Sarah Dessen novel and I look at all those books freshly. I just. I love Sarah Dessen. Shes amazing. Ive always loved chick lit. She helps keep me hooked on waht I have always loved.

I guess I shall finish this fairly easily.
Thank you Sarah Dessen. Youve helped me stay who I am. Not a crazed person walking around bitign people.
Thank you so much.
Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting