Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

Written by Ari at 10:00 AM
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
Pages: 290
Pub Date: June 1, 2009
Author Website/Blog: http://sarahockler.com/blog/
Synopsis: According to her best friend Frankie, twenty days in Zanzibar Bay is the perfect opportunity to have a summer fling, and if they meet one boy every day, there's a pretty good chance Anna will find her first summer romance. Anna lightheartedly agrees to the game, but there's something she hasn't told Frankie---she's already had that kind of romance, and it was with Frankie's older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death one year ago.


I honestly think I was crying by chapter 2. Yes, it was that heart breaking. I couldnt help it. The book was just... I cant even describe it, yet I am trying to review it. Sarah Ockler basically ripped out my heart. She stuck it in a blender. And then she served it to me on a shiny white platter saying, "Just wait ten chapters, then youll feel like taking this back," with a bright smile on her face. I honestly, can not remember the last time an author did that to me. Twenty days, calculates somehow to twenty smiles, twenty tears, and twenty i told you so's. A few, extremely predictable parts, but then parts that just, drag you in and make you forget that some cliches may have occured. This book has a rocky, but beautiful start, it had me reading all night, yet, it almost had me in tears at the discovery that we do not learn all we want to learn by the end of  the book. But, that is also what a great book does, leave you wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting