Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley

Written by Ari at 2:52 PM
Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley
Pages: 304
Pub Date: August 26, 2008
Author Blog/Website: http://www.kimberlypauley.com/
Synopsis: Mina Hamilton's parents want her dead. (Or undead to be precise.) They're vampires, and like it or not, Mina must decide whether to become a vampire herself. But Mina's more interested in hanging out with best friend Serena and trying to catch the eye of the too-hot-for-high-school Nathan Able than in the vampire training classes she's being forced to take. How's a girl supposed to find the perfect prom date and pass third-year French when her mom and dad are breathing down her neck--literally?

Let me start by saying that this book was my cure to what I like to call Twilight Fever. Its purely sarcastic and frankly just what I needed to shake me out of my "OH MY GOD!" Obsession. It was a great book that I couldnt help but love. I sat there reading it one day at lunch and my friends were like, "Ew your reading a book that isnt Twilight?" And then I told them how amazing it was. And actually Ive been calling it the "Anti-Twilight." When I recomended it to my librarians thats actually what I said. It showed the strife of being a real teenager, only worse. She has to attend classes with a bunch of weirdos AND she has to figure out her complicated love, along with the biggest decision, to be a vampire or not. Complicated. Right? Read it to laugh, and find out why the dubbed title Sucks To Be Me really fits the description :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting