Sunday, November 22, 2009

Before I Die by Jenny Downham

Written by Alexandra' at 9:06 PM
Before I Die by Jenny Downham


Synopsis: Tessa has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, and drugs with excruciating side effects, Tessa compiles a list. It’s her To Do Before I Die list. And number one is Sex. Released from the constraints of “normal” life, Tessa tastes new experiences to make her feel alive while her failing body struggles to keep up. Tessa’s feelings, her relationships with her father and brother, her estranged mother, her best friend, and her new boyfriend, are all painfully crystallized in the precious weeks before Tessa’s time finally runs out.

Before I Die was a well written book with a great look at how teenagers react to knowing that they are going to die. This story on death focuses on one girl whose known she is going to die for a while. And she has come to grips with it. Like practically everyone knowing they are going to die, she creates a bucket list. Although she knows hers is basic and what almost what every teenager wants she has some problems along the way. Love, and so much drama happen in just a few chapters of this book it made my heart sing out with happiness that there was a plot. Although the ending was very choppy for many reasons I loved this book. I loved how it was so different from so many other books about dying. The way that everything changed for this girl in a period of time and how she kept finding new reasons to stay alive just kept me wanting to read more. Jenny Downham has a truly amazing book on her hands, and I am glad that Random Buzzers was kind enough to put this up as an option to order on their website. It gave me a chance to read a incredible book. Thank you Random Buzzers. And this book was amazing and I loved it so much. Well written with a wonderfully simple plot, I cried one of few books where I did.







8 stars because the repetitiveness saddened me.




News updates.
None could only find a author profile. No website either. :C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting