Thursday, July 15, 2010

Manifest by Artist Arthur (2010 Debut Book)

Written by Ari at 1:26 AM
Manifest by Artist Arthur
Pages: 256
Pub Date: August 1, 2010
Author Website/Blog: N/A
Synopsis: When fifteen-year-old Krystal Bentley moves to Lincoln, Connecticut, her mom's hometown, she assumes her biggest drama will be adjusting to the burbs after living in New York City.
But Lincoln is nothing like Krystal imagined. The weirdness begins when Ricky Watson starts confiding in her. He's cute, funny, a good listener-and everything she'd ever want-except that he was killed a year ago. Krystal's ghost-whispering talents soon lead other "freaks" to her door-Sasha, a rich girl who can literally disappear, and Jake, who moves objects with his mind. All three share a distinctive birthmark in the shape of an M and, fittingly call themselves the Misfits. They set out to learn what really happened to Ricky, only to realize that they aren't the only ones with mysterious powers. But if Krystal succeeds in finding out the truth about Ricky's death, will she lose him for good?


This was the first time I was asked to review a book, and Ill be honest I was so excited I read the first line and said "Okay!" To be honest it took me oh say a month *embarrassed* to get into the first few chapters but once you kill the first 10 chapters you really, really like the story. Its just amazing, one of those books you NEED to get your sticky little fingers on! I loved it once a real plot line occurred, to be honest I didnt really like Ricky, he was sweet but he was annoying. I also didnt like another love interest in the story, Franklin, in all honesty for a good chunk of the book I was hoping she would choose Jake, another Mystyx. But alas my wish did NOT come true *sad* But aside from those road bumps I really enjoyed the over all idea :) The mean girl wasnt the usual blonde, the villain wasnt another teen, and well I let you find out everything else :)

*I receieved an ARC of this novel for review from the Online Publicist. I do not receive any form of payment for writing this book. I was not required to write a positive review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Come on, honestly tell us what you think. Were DYING for your opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Teens Actually Read Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting